Rad kept saying that for Christmas he just wanted more time with me. So I decided why not give him the gift of time together. So I put together a basket of Pre-Planned Dates for 2017. There are 12 dates for each of the 12 months.
First I wrapped up some Dates (the fruit) for him to open up. I’m cheesy and so of course I had to be a little bit punny with this gift. When he opened it he was a little confused. As soon as he opened it I grabbed the real gift… the basket of 12 MONTHS OF DATES! He was so excited, and still says that it’s his favorite gift he ever received. That makes me so happy that it means that much to him. I love this gift too because it helps us make sure to set aside time for quality “Rad and Riss time”. So it’s kind of a gift for me too! 🙂
I know its a few months past christmas, but this can be great for next year. This also doesn’t just have to be used for Christmas… This can be given for father’s day in a few months… or this is a great gift for your husband’s birthday as well. I am just so excited to share each date with Radley this year! This present is all about quality time without spending a lot of money. And this is a present that your wallet will thank you for.
***I will keep updates on our dates as the months go by… This can help you see more detailed ideas on how to setup and plan for these fun dates.
1) January: The first month is a Bella Notte (beautiful night) date. This is an at home Italian Dinner. You don’t have to travel far to get a romantic Italian meal. Create an Italian atmosphere complete with candlelight, Italian music, and a fancy Italian meal.
2) February is a trip to Spa Amour. This is an in home spa that is easy and inexpensive to create. A date full of DIY Pedicures, facials, hot stone massages, and an overall romantic/relaxing night in for two.
3) March is a bowling date. I specifically chose bowling because Rad is obsessed. Haha he loves to go bowling and is even taking a bowling class this semester ( As if he wasn’t already amazing at it…now I’m sure to never win!) This is a simple and pretty inexpensive date night. Fat Cats sometimes has coupons and deals to make it even better! Put on those rental shoes and you’ll surely get a strike with your loved one for a fun night out.
4) April is all about the sweet treats with your sweetie. You can either go and get ice cream… or have a do it yourself ice-cream sundae bar at your home…. and make sure to get creative with the toppings.
5) May is such a beautiful time of the year. And who says dates have to be at night? Sometimes it’s fun to mix things up. This date includes a delicious breakfast and morning stroll with your love. Enjoy the beautiful and relaxing morning together.
6) June is a mini adventure month. Tandem Biking! I chose this for Rad, because about 3 years ago this was our very last date before he left on his two year mission. Every June on the 9th I think of our last date tandem biking. It was so much fun and I can’t wait to do it again. This is an exciting and unique date that keeps you working as a team.
7) July is for packing your picnic basket and heading out on a fun day date. This date can include a picnic and canoeing. But if you go canoeing too make sure to bring bread to feed the ducks. Why not recreate a romantic Notebook moment?
8) August is a date night under the stars. Grab your Star Chart and head off to a nice spot up the canyon for some Star Gazing! I’m a HUGE fan of this one because I’m an astronomy lover. This is so fun and romantic for you & your love.
9) September is a date night sleepover with your husband! Who doesn’t love acting like a kid again? Include a special invitation to a sleepover party, full of popcorn, pizza, games, movies, and sleeping bag(s)….(haha your preference on one or two)
10) October is the date night to embrace the fall. It’s a pumpkin themed date with carving (or painting) your pumpkin, pumpkin treats, and a scary movie with popcorn!
11) November is an indoor camping date! I’m too much of a wimp to enjoy camping in colder weather. So this is a fun indoor camping adventure. Pitch a tent inside, make s’mores, play cards, and bring the outdoor adventure inside to you.
12) December is the last month of the year so it has to be merry and bright! This is a date for enjoying the Christmas season. On this date I’ve planned for us to go to Temple Square in SLC to see the pretty christmas lights. I also put away some money to go share a nice desert downtown. This is a fun date to hold each other close in the cold weather and enjoy the beauty and light of the season.
I hope you enjoyed these 12 date ideas. I know your man will love these! I’m so excited to keep going on these fun dates for the rest of the year! Remember to follow up on the blog because I will post updates on how each of these dates go. Make sure to comment and tell me what you think of these dates!
Tags: birthday, christmas, date, dates, fathers day, gift, husband, lifestyle, love, quality time
It’s important to enjoy life. It’s quite the adventure with…
Well, 2018 was a great year but now it is…
TEMPLE SQUARE DATE NIGHT IDEA Radley and I went on…
Your email address will not be published.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.